Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Should I use RSS or Atom or both as feeds to my site?

We just released our site www.weareonlyhuman.com and have implemented some feeds into the site. At the moment we are testing it out and have both atom and rss. Should I have both on the site or choose one over the other? Most of my favorite sites just use RSS and I'm not too happy with having two feeds to confuse people with. What's your thoughts?

Should I use RSS or Atom or both as feeds to my site?
If you can provide both, you should. RSS is more widely used, however.
Reply:if you give them classic rss, which rss will you give them? RSS was a mess until atom came along! I hope you validate your feeds! Anything rss (0.9, 1.0 or 2.0) can do Atom can do better!





Have you ever found an RSS reader that doesn't do ATOM?





but since you want a simple answer... keep them both, but give better screenspace to the ATOM feed!


No comments:

Post a Comment