Thursday, November 19, 2009

I need to convert 6 RSS feeds into a single RSS feed in PHP without resort to external services...?

I need to form a new single RSS feed out of 6 external RSS feeds. Each external feed has a timestamp for each entry, so that as I create the array in PHP, I will sort the results by descending date/time and publish the most recent 30 as a new RSS feed. I'm aware of the many free and paid sites that will aggregate feeds very easily, but I am not allowed to use them in this case. I'm not a bad programmer but have little free time for this task - does anyone know of any open source (NO PAID SOLUTIONS PLEASE!) solutions or web-pages that could speed me along...?

I need to convert 6 RSS feeds into a single RSS feed in PHP without resort to external services...?
If you already have your own script to display one rss feed, then it shouldn't be too hard to display information from multiple feeds. You seem to be on the right track, though. How are you currently storing the external feeds? All you have to do is store them in a database and the rest is easy.
Reply:You can use RSSmesh and RSSFilter, both are PHP scripts they will merge and filter duplicate items.





Details at: http://www.feedforall.com/scripts-direct...


No comments:

Post a Comment