Monday, November 16, 2009

RSS feed and ajax question?

I'm doing a web page that has a rss feeds box. I'm being given a code so the feeds are pulled into that box from somewhere else.





I was wondering which would be better:





1. Putting the code into every page that has that box.





2. Doing a separate document with the feeds code and using ajax to display that document in the rss feeds box, that way it'll change automatically in all pages if I make changes to the original feeds document.





Please help!

RSS feed and ajax question?
I'm not sure if this is on point or not, but I recall using a library from google to pull data off a RSS feed. I think this is it http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxfeeds/





If I were you, I would write a javascript widget and just reference the widget in your pages.. that would be cleanest.





i.e.





%26lt;script language="javascript"%26gt;


FeedWidget.RenderFeed();


%26lt;/script%26gt;


No comments:

Post a Comment