Monday, November 16, 2009

Know any good RSS readers?

I'm trying to find a good RSS reader, but I can't find any. I want one that will notify me, with a pop-up window or something, whenever it has found something new. I also don't want to have to manually tell it to look for updates, I want it to do that automatically. So basically, I want it to be constantly running in the background, and just notify me when something has been added to one of my feeds.





PS: I know about the RSS reader in Internet Explorer, but I use Firefox, so that RSS reader is useless to me.

Know any good RSS readers?
There are 2 which I high recommend. The first is RSSOwl (http://www.rssowl.org/) and the second is Abilon (http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fi...








RSSOwl


We are happy to announce that the next milestone of RSSOwl 2.0 is now available for download. This release comes with some very cool features:





* Live update of saved searches


* Notification popup when receiving news


* Faster search and relevance indicator





A flash demo showing the new features in action is available as well. If you have used previous versions of RSSOwl 2.0, make sure to read the notes on how to update to milestone 6.





Abilon: (reviewed by PC World Magazine in their article "101 Fabulous Freebies")


Software-based news readers are generally the fastest, and it's hard to beat Abilon. This powerful, speedy reader offers you a choice of views: You can opt for a three-pane view with feeds on the left, headlines in the middle, and articles on the right; or you can switch to a two-column view. It has a built-in tabbed browser, too. One tool lets you quickly and easily post items to your Blogger, LiveJournal, or Movable Type blog. And finally, Abilon speedily imports and exports OPML (Outline Processor Markup Language) files, which are crucial for transferring your list of subscriptions to another news reader.
Reply:Try BlogBridge... Its free and open source...


http://www.blogbridge.com/

dental health

No comments:

Post a Comment