Saturday, November 14, 2009

How to edit RSS feed for Wordpress?

Whenever I open my RSS URL, the XML file shows up (with the channels, items, title, etc.). I noticed that there is no title indicated within the %26lt;title%26gt;%26lt;/title%26gt; tags that's why my site appears with the name "Untitled Subscription" on feed readers.





The problem is, I cannot locate the XML file on my Wordpress-2.2.1 folder (so that I could put a title). I tried opening rss.php, rss2.php and feed.php but they only show this instead of the XML file:





%26lt;?php





if (empty($wp)) {


require_once('wp-config.php');


wp('feed=rss');


}





require (ABSPATH . WPINC . '/feed-rss.php');





?%26gt;





Where do I find it?

How to edit RSS feed for Wordpress?
The two files you will need to look at are the wp-rss.php and wp-rss2.php files which generate the RSS feed. They are dynamic and there will be no static RSS file to be found. In those pages you should be able to locate where the title tag is being generated. I would start my search by looking for "%26lt;title%26gt;" through the find feature of a content editor (like notepad). Being that wordpress is somewhat of a templated system, you may need to actually stick a variable in that tag that represents the title. So look for that variable as well.





Hope that helps narrow your search. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment